CoinDesk Indices will provide crypto data solutions to our customers that allow them to license, ingest and use data on a desktop across their enterprise and consume data feeds in real time. Mission-critical datasets will serve as a critical source of information across CoinDesk Indices, CoinDesk Media, DCG subsidiaries, and ultimately, the most respected capital markets firms. We will become a content partner and a thought leader in building solutions for Market Data, On-Chain Data, and Analytics.
About this role:
- This job is a member of CoinDesk Indices within the Engineering team.
- Responsible for engineering solutions to business problems at CoinDesk Indices by participating in all phases of the development process from conception through deployment while, advocating the Agile methodology, TDD, BDD, and using object-oriented development best practices to, model, design, construct and test reusable objects.
- Collaborates with leaders, business analysts, project managers, IT architects, technical leads, and other developers, along with internal customers, to understand requirements and develop software needs according to business requirements.
- Maintains and enhances existing enterprise services, applications, and platforms.
- Troubleshoots and debugs complex issues; identifies and implements solutions.
- Works closely with software architects and technical leads to ensure decisions meet long-term enterprise growth needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Technology, Information Systems (CIS/MIS), Engineering or related technical discipline, or equivalent experience/training.
- Experience working in a Scrum or Agile environment.
- Minimum 5 years experience as a Backend Engineer – designing, developing, and implementing large-scale applications in hosted production environments.
- Proficiency and demonstrated experience in the following technologies:
- Programming: Python, or C#, Java.
- Database: SQL and/or NoSQL.
- Cloud-based development: AWS functions.
- Third party tools: Kafka, Redis.
- Web Services/API Layer: REST/WSS.
- Experience in a Linux environment.
- Build/dev tools: Docker, Git.
- Proficiency in object-oriented design techniques and principles.
- Experience in DevOps methodologies, including Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, Trunk Based Development.
In compliance with the New York City salary transparency requirements, the potential salary for this position is from $140,000 – $150,000 which represents a range commensurate with experience.
In an effort to attract, retain, develop and promote the most qualified individuals, CoinDesk is committed to treating all applicants and employees in a nondiscriminatory manner with respect to the terms and conditions of employment, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status/service, physical or mental disability, or any other classification protected by applicable law. This mandate governs all aspects of employment, including recruitment, selection, promotion, training, education, social and recreation programs, compensation, discipline, termination and access to benefits.