Company profilebitpanda Bitpanda
Bitpanda simplifies wealth creation. Founded in 2014 in Vienna, Austria by Eric Demuth, Paul Klanschek and Christian Trummer, Bitpanda exists to help people trust themselves enough to build financial freedom for their future. Our user-friendly, trade-everything platform empowers both first-time investors and seasoned experts to invest in the cryptocurrencies, crypto indices, stocks, precious metals and commodities they want — all possible with any sized budget, 24/7. With more than 700 team members and steadily approaching 4 million customers, our company is one of Europe’s most successful fintechs.
Headquartered in Austria but operating across all of Europe, our products are built by fast-moving, talented, “roll-up-your-sleeves-and-make-it-happen” kind of people who represent more than 50 nationalities. If you’re someone who thinks big, moves fast and wants to make an impact right from day one, then get ready to join our industry-changing team. Let’s go!
As a Compliance Officer at the Bitpanda-Group, you will shape the future of our Compliance Department in the regulated entities. Furthermore, you will work together with all relevant departments and take over regulatory projects on your own.
- Management of compliance with applicable legal and ethical guidelines, as well as monitoring of all operational processes, with specific focus on legislative requirements for financially regulated institutions within the EU
- Managing and supporting respective stakeholders from relevant departments to ensure effective and sustainable standards are maintained, inter alia, standard operating procedures, policies, and regulatory oversight
- Training of staff and record keeping of internal audits and legal adjustments
- Acting as an informant and contact person for department heads to align on interdepartmental and group wide teamwork and success
- Reporting and analyses on both internal and external company rules in establishing compliance with underlying regulation and legal prerequisites
- University degree in economics, business administration, business law or law; alternatively technical college or comparable education
- A minimum of 3 years of working experience in the financial service industry, Fintech or a regulated environment with a focus on Compliance, Audit or Consultancy at financial service providers or institutions
- Experience in MiFID II/Security-Compliance or Payment-/E-Money-Institutions is appreciated
- A Compliance certification like CAMS, ICA or similar is an advantage
- Fluency in English is required and German language is desired
What’s in it for you
- Flexibility-first approach to work* including:
- Unlimited fully-paid annual leave
- Recharge Breaks
- 20 weeks gender-neutral New Parent Leave
- Hybrid Working*:
- 60 days Work From Anywhere* following the 80/20 Rule
- €500 Work from Home budget
- An attractive individual stock option plan* in a high growth company, and a competitive salary
- Exclusive premiums when trading on Bitpanda
- Occasional company-wide and team events — both in-person and virtually!
- Learning & development opportunities
- Top-notch “tech pack” – your choice between PC or Mac
- Bitpanda merch to keep you swagged out and living the Bitpanda brand
- A global Bitpanda team of fast-moving, talented, “roll-up-your-sleeves-and-make-it-happen” kind of people who are united (across cultures and time zones) by our unique way of working