At 0x Labs, our mission is to create a tokenized world where all value can flow freely. We’re a mission-driven and diverse team composed of world class talent from Coinbase, Google, Meta, Bitso, Citi, Spotify and other top companies. We are a remote-first and fully distributed company, with team members located across all of the continents besides Antarctica. As early pioneers in the space, we’ve made significant technical contributions to various Ethereum standards over the years; fun fact – our team helped establish the NFT token standard (ERC721).
In joining us, you’ll take part in transforming the way that value is exchanged on a global scale. We’re passionate about open-source software and decentralized technology’s potential to act as an equalizing force in the world, and our technology is deployed by a wide array of projects at the forefront of internet and economic advancement.
Founded in 2017, 0x Labs created and now partakes in the development of 0x protocol: the open-source, global backbone for decentralized exchange. Alongside the core protocol, we also build and maintain products and service offerings including Matcha, the search engine for tokens, and 0x API, the endpoint for multi-chain aggregated liquidity. All of these offerings allow 0x Labs to continue marching towards our vision of building a tokenized world where all value can flow freely at the best prices and with the lowest transaction costs. This way, we can help businesses eliminate the complexity of accessing decentralized markets across all layers of the Web3 exchange stack and have more time to focus on what matters most: their product.
0x currently supports 8 major blockchains: Ethereum, Polygon, Fantom, Avalanche, Arbitrum, Optimism, BNB Chain, and Celo, and the 0x ecosystem has been rapidly expanding. With integrations across all of the top wallets and apps, including MetaMask, Coinbase Wallet and Coinbase NFT, Polygon Wallet, Brave, Matcha, dYdX, Zapper, Zerion, and Shapeshift, 0x is fast becoming the trusted standard for all decentralized exchange.
We’re a remote-first company with core contributors in nearly ten countries and over twice as many cities. Our headquarters is in San Francisco, with an office available for anyone on the team to use at any time. We’ll consider your application regardless of where you call home.
YOUR ROLE AS AN INFRASTRUCTURE / DEVOPS ENGINEER AT 0X
You’ll help ensure our suite of products remains as performant and reliable as possible, automate a variety of critical engineering tasks, and ensure a world-class, streamlined internal developer experience. You’ll take a data-driven approach to optimization; your inclination should be to profile and benchmark existing systems, honing in on the highest impact improvements that should be undertaken. You care deeply about the reliability of your solutions and the productivity gains created for the rest of the engineering team.
This role is deeply important to the success of 0x as a whole, and it comes with a high degree of ownership. You’ll have broad freedom to take any appropriate steps toward improving our infrastructure. We build on a quickly evolving modern stack, and we welcome well-reasoned, forward-thinking technology and architectural suggestions.
- Help ensure uptime and reliability across 0x’s suite of products and services
- Take ownership over our monitoring stack (Prometheus and Grafana)
- Automate a variety of engineering-related tasks and processes
- Manage and upgrade our Kubernetes infrastructure without downtime
- Assist in developing a robust real-time data streaming platform to be used for a variety of tasks related to data science, product development, and streamlining internal developer experience
- Improve internal build systems and manage/optimize CI/CD
- Will accept a Bachelor’s degree or foreign academic equivalent in Computer Engineering or related field and
- Three (3) years of experience in job offered or a related occupation
Also requires education or experience in:
- Big data streaming and aggregating in real time with large-scale database deployments such as Postgres
- Kubernetes infrastructure automation (Infrastructure as Code)
- Cloud infrastructure maintenance and scaling
- Continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD) with Kubernetes
- Modern DevOps practices (e.g. GitOps, CI pipelines or CD pipelines)
- Kubernetes, Linux, and networking – profile and benchmark different systems from application to infrastructure components
- Peer-to-peer networking technologies (e.g. Ethereum)
$125,000 to $175,000
LOCATION OF EMPLOYMENT
575 Market St, Suite 2650, San Francisco, CA 94105; and Denver, CO., *TELECOMMUTING PERMITTED
- Competitive salary and equity with occasional cryptocurrency-based perks
- Comprehensive insurance (medical/dental/vision/life/disability) — 100% covered for you and dependents
- 401k, HSA, and FSA for U.S.-based employees
- Monthly mobile phone bill, wellness, and pre-tax transportation expense
- Covered mental health benefits (included professional therapy sessions)
- Flexible hours, liberal work-from-home policy, and a supportive remote environment
- Lunch reimbursement for all employees across the globe!
- Stipend for your ideal remote / WFH set-up: laptop, headphones, and any other work gear you may need
- 12-week paid parental leave
- Great office conveniently located in Soma/East Cut, SF
- Unlimited vacation: Take time when you need it (and we really mean it)
- Multiple annual in-person team meet-ups around the globe
0x Labs and its associated entities (0x) are dedicated to fostering diversity, inclusion, and belonging in its teams and workforce, and are proud to be equal opportunity employers. 0x does not make employment or hiring decisions on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression or identity, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, national origin, or any other basis that is protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. 0x will also consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a way that is consistent with San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance and similar local laws.