Paxos is looking for a Director, Banking Operations, who will set the strategy for Paxos’ relationships with new banking partners and manage and oversee the critical relationships with existing partners. Along with Product, you will be responsible for the strategy to ensure Paxos is well positioned to successfully meet our growing business lines and product roadmap. You will lead and grow the team responsible for the integration and management of day-to-day banking priorities across areas including fiat, securities, commodities and crypto settlements. You will serve as the senior point of escalation between our executive team and the partners working with Paxos
Paxos is on a mission to enable the movement of any asset, any time, in a trustworthy way. Today’s financial infrastructure is archaic, expensive, inefficient and risky – supporting a system that leaves out more people than it lets in. So we’re rebuilding it.
As a regulated blockchain infrastructure company, we use technology to tokenize, custody, trade, and settle assets for enterprise clients like PayPal, Bank of America, and Interactive Brokers. Paxos is a top-funded blockchain company, with more than $500 million in total funding from leading investors like OakHC/FT, Founders Fund, PayPal Ventures, and Declaration Partners. Together, we empower today’s financial leaders to build a more open, trusted economy.
As a Director of Banking Operations, you’ll get to:
- Own the strategy and delivery of Paxos’ global banking partnerships to optimize Paxos’ ability to scale
- Lead a team of Prod Ops specialists to improve the day-to-day execution across Paxos’ existing partners in banking and payments
- Collaborate with Product, Operations and Finance to develop and execute on Paxos’ long term product and growth strategies
- Drive alignment with key internal stakeholders and champion and execute on new strategic initiatives with our critical partners
- Interface with auditors, regulators and customers on behalf of the global operations team
- Identify the primary KPIs that our operations team should measure itself against
- Define annual and quarterly objectives and key results and direct the operations team toward achieving the objectives
- Oversee management of BAU functions related to banking integration and develop process and workflow improvements
- Define and prioritize the operations product roadmap work with product and engineering to align on expectations
Your experience should include:
- 15+ years work experience, including:
- Building and managing critical vendor and partner relationships in Financial Services at the company level, serving as the senior point of contact responsible for delivering on must-have relationships and initiatives
- Working within a fast growth Fintech
- Have deep familiarity with the regulatory landscape in banking, fintech, and financial services, with relevant experience leading teams in highly regulated environments
- Expertise in the banking/payments market and competitive landscape
- A demonstrated ability to lead and manage teams
- Ability to drive process improvements through technology solutions
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or related field
What you’ll love about Paxos:
Paxos has consistently been recognized on the Forbes Fintech 50, CB Insights Blockchain 50 and Built In’s “Best Places to Work” lists. Paxonians have significant ownership and impact on our business, as well as benefits like company equity, health insurance, family leave, a quarterly stipend for development, a stipend for home office setup and unlimited PTO. From team product demos and virtual lounge and learns to care packages and an active Slack #shoutouts channel, there are countless opportunities to connect and make your mark. Help us continue to build a new, open financial system from one of our three offices or right from your home!