Ren Labs — the research & development studio behind Ren — is a global leader in the multichain tech space. You can think of this space as an emergent, crypto-centric version of the SWIFT banking system, with Ren Labs contributing to key application and infrastructure developments. Our vision is simple: build an ecosystem of decentralized applications on top of this multichain infrastructure.
Our flagship project on the application front, Catalog, has raised $7.5 million at a $75 million (USD) valuation in early 2022. Catalog is a multichain, decentralized exchange (DEX) with a centralized exchange (CEX) look & feel. Ren is an interoperability project that has secured and bridged over $10 billion in assets from various blockchains since its inception.
Ren Labs started as a group of strangers at the Australian National University in 2017. To date, we are 20+ members, spread across 5+ countries, and are ramping up our operations. Now, we’re looking for someone to help us pave the way for more user-centric experiences and applications at Ren Labs!
Overview | The Role
This role is for passionate, visual storytellers who can simplify complex concepts into easy-to-digest content. You will be free to flex your creative muscles at Ren Labs across all of our creative domains, with your initial focus specifically on Catalog, our flagship project. You’ll initially work closely with our Co-founders, UI/UX Designer, and our Head of Growth to define Catalog’s visual identity across all relevant mediums. We envision this role evolving into a creative and visual director for all projects coming out of Ren Labs.
Who we want | The Role
- Professional experience as a designer (in-house and/or freelance) with a strong portfolio of completed design projects.
- Hands-on experience with logo design, typography, colour theory, web layout design, & print production.
- Proficient in design software such as Adobe Creative Suite (mainly Photoshop and Illustrator) and Figma. Experience with other design tools is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills (written and spoken).
- Interest in blockchain and DeFi (decentralized finance) to better help convey our technical concepts to the target audience.
- Previous experience producing a variety of digital assets — including motion graphics and animations.
- Ability to work in an agile, remote environment.
- Above all else, a drive to make Catalog be seen as an industry leader with regards to design.
Key Responsibilities | The Role
- Work closely with the team to produce on-brand, eye-catching communication material.
- Design on-brand, original pieces – including illustrations, infographics, and characters.
- Design visual templates for presentations, social media posts & recurring content.
- Take ownership in developing the ‘Catalog narrative’ from a visual POV.
- Build upon the existing brand book to create robust brand identity guidelines.
- Assist the team with ideas and provide input on all tasks within the creative domain.
- Regular brainstorm sessions and stand-ups to develop concepts and report on tasks.
Perks and Benefits
💰 Competitive salary: Above market salary — adjusted based on experience.
🏔 Work remotely: Live and work wherever you like.
🧘♀️ Flexible hours: Help you navigate around other responsibilities in life.
💻 Home office setup: Funds to bootstrap your work-from-home setup!
👓 Growth fund: Invest in continuous learning and development.
⛺️ Vacation: Flexible time off for you to unwind from work.
⛱ Sabbaticals: In addition to vacation — take a 6-week sabbatical, fully paid, after every 5 years with Ren Labs.
How to Apply
- Email your CV/LinkedIn, along with your design portfolio, to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Ren Labs HR | “Graphic Designer”