Our goal is to bring the world of Ethereum-based applications and assets to the interoperable networks of the Cosmos ecosystem while aligning developer and user incentives and aiming to innovate in the space of EVM and interchain composability.
What you’ll be doing:
As the Head of DevOps, you will be working closely with our co-founders and our Core Engineering team to devise the DevOps and infrastructure strategy for the Evmos foundation. You will be leading the DevOps practice, implementing systems infrastructure best practices, and creating documentation for our developer community. You will also build tools and automated workflows to support the Evmos validator community, node partners, and core engineering team.
This role would be perfect for someone who has experience as both a DevOps engineer and a developer and looking to transition into a hands-on leadership role.
Working with us will give you the opportunity to collaborate directly with other engineering teams and projects in the ecosystem like the IBC, Cosmos, and Tendermint Core teams.
What you will learn:
At Evmos you’ll get familiarity with blockchain technologies to a point where you can develop an intensive depth of knowledge of them. We will teach you how smart contracts work at a lower level using the EVM and go-ethereum (aka. Geth) and also how to implement app chains using the Cosmos SDK framework and the Tendermint Consensus Engine.Our team taught the first university-level Blockchain for Developers course at UC Berkeley so we can also guide you through the journey of learning other disciplines related to cryptocurrencies and blockchain like economics, mathematics, cryptography, distributed systems, and more.
- Work closely with the core engineering team to manage the infrastructure needs of the company.
- Develop Engineering strategies for infrastructure, APIs, Infrastructure as Code (IaC), etc
- Execute benchmarking, fuzzing and stress tests on node infrastructure
- Support network and application upgrades.
- Identify key areas of improvement in the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and implement appropriate solutions.
- Manage and build relationships with partners and community regarding node operation best practices.
- Experience setting up and maintaining CI/CD and Github Actions.
- Proficiency with Git, Helm, Terraform, or similar.
- Experience working with Docker, and/or Kubernetes.
- Experience with monitoring and logging using Prometheus and Grafana, or similar.
- Previous experience managing a team of engineers.
- Experience working in a remote-first environment.
- Experience working with any public cloud service (eg. AWS or GCP).
- Understanding and hands-on experience using a programming language such as Go, Python, TypeScript, or Rust.
Nice to Haves:
Although a formal CS degree is NOT strictly required, we are looking for someone with “computer science fundamentals” or relevant experience in the field. We’re looking for new teammates that have excellent communication and collaboration skills. Other bonus or nice to haves items are:
- Understanding of blockchain technology, distributed systems, or cryptography.
- Consuming and contributing to open source codebases.
- Experience with Cosmos and Tendermint ecosystems.
- Familiarity with code generation tools.
- You are well connected and had given conference talks or written content to boost your personal brand.
- You want to help us build community in the cities where we operate.
Below is a list of company benefits available to Evmos employees. We are constantly updating them as part of the regular feedback cycle from the team. Please reach out to us if you have a special requirement when applying to a position and we will happily take it into consideration.
- Competitive salary, plus token package
- Fitness and mental health/mindfulness stipends
- All necessary equipment, tech, and office setup
- Global co-work membership (for remote employees)
- Health Care coverage
- Quarterly team off-sites and retreats
- Full reimbursement for ecosystem conferences (travel, accommodation, and tickets)
- Continuous learning stipends / Educational budget
- Transportation stipends, eg: Bike, public transportation, Uber / cab (in case of work-related or after-hour traveling)
- Unlimited vacation policy for full-time employees
- PTO and situation-specific support
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Visa sponsorship for US or Germany*