Quant is the foundation of the blockchain economy.
Assets of all kinds, from currencies to carbon credits, are being tokenised on blockchain, making their ownership immutable, their provenance traceable and their use manageable. Our patent-pending technology makes this simple, trusted and future-proof.
We work with financial institutions and corporates to dramatically reduce their time-to-market, create new revenue lines, and mitigate risk by delivering enterprise-grade solutions built with security and compliance front of mind.
Founded in 2018, Quant is UK-based with a US presence. We spearheaded the Blockchain ISO Standard TC307 adopted by 57 countries and solved interoperability with the creation of the world’s first blockchain-agnostic API gateway, Overledger.
The IT Team
Quant’s IT team supports the rest of the company in achieving their goals by providing secure, performant technology to supplement and enhance their work. It is responsible for all IT infrastructure including facilities technology, individual devices, security, and software management. As a team we are responsive, adaptable, and and focused on outcomes. We adopt whichever process, technique, or tool we believe will best enable us to solve problems pragmatically and deliver value at pace. We are highly collaborative and fiercely protective of our culture. Trust and respect are key to that culture, which is why we’re supportive of one another and don’t shy away from difficult conversations.
This is a unique blended customer facing role, for a candidate who has a strong background and interest of IT Security. You will be part of a small team monitoring the security, maintenance and service delivery of our systems & infrastructure. You will be comfortable in documenting any breaches of security, reporting issues so that they can be adequately handled and managed
This involves being highly focused on the needs of our company and delivering support and security solutions for both internal and external customers through strong collaboration, integration, and effective management of our work. Ultimately, you’ll ensure our company continues to operate safely and at full effectiveness at all times.
- Protect systems and information infrastructure, through effective monitoring and investigating security breaches
- Document security breaches and the potential damage that they can create to the business
- Immediately address any detected vulnerabilities to maintain a high-security standard.
- Install security measures and operate software to protect systems and information infrastructure, including firewalls and data encryption programs.
- Investigate, diagnose and resolve complex issues without known solutions; may make recommendations and define action plans
- Create documentation of knowledge resulting from investigative and support activities and publish this information for support of future occurrence
- Analyse IT requirements and provide objective advise on IT security matters
- Maintain established level agreements to meet customer expectations and quality standards. Protect our customers, our employees and our brands by incorporating security and compliance in all decisions and daily job responsibilities; follow security policies and procedures
- Demonstrable experience of holding an IT Security Analyst role – ideally gained from a high tech environment
- In-depth knowledge of hardware and OS (mac and pc) and software (Office 365, etc)
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
- Experience with computer network penetration testing and techniques
- Understanding of firewalls, proxies, SIEM, antivirus, and IDPS concepts
- Ability to identify and mitigate network vulnerabilities and explain how to avoid them
- Understanding of patch management with the ability to deploy patches in a timely manner while understanding business impact
- Strong customer service ethos
- Strong communications skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to quickly establish good working relationships
We aim to be one of the most desirable employers in fintech, somewhere you are valued and inspired to do the best work of your career, alongside a high-performance team that feels the same.
Our shared values
We have expertise in finance and technology in common but what unites us is our beliefs. We believe in:
Innovation: We love a challenge and have little respect for the status quo. Experience has taught us that problems are a matter of perspective and that, with new ideas and a fresh way of looking at things, solutions often present themselves.
Ambition: The scale of a task won’t deter us when we believe it will take as closer to our vision. Every problem is an opportunity. Every obstacle, the chance to take a calculated risk and question assumptions. In short, we’re not afraid to think big.
Trust: Fundamental to a prosperous economy, trust also lies at the heart of our company. Indeed, we believe it is the bedrock of a healthy society committed to equality and fairness. We trust each other, we engineer trust into our solutions, and we work hard every day to earn the trust of our clients and partners.
Adaptability: We remain open-minded, objective and flexible at all times. When the facts change, so does our approach. We embrace that agility and encourage all those we work with to do the same.
Respect: We’re respectful of the ideas and perspectives of others, we celebrate people’s differences and recognise their achievements. We also hold the needs and health of our environment dear. And we have no tolerance for bullying, harassment, or discrimination of any kind.
Whilst applications may be reviewed as they are received, we anticipate to not accept any further applications after 5pm PST on 17th March 2023.