Real Vision helps people understand the complex world of finance, business, and the global economy with real in-depth analysis by real experts through the power of its community.
The company is on a mission to democratize the very best financial intelligence for all and become the one place where everyone lives their financial lives.
This enhanced platform will offer members different learning journeys that put them in control of their finances. Members will be able to watch videos, listen to podcasts, monitor market prices, analyze markets and economies, do technical analysis, create watch lists, read and publish research, monitor their portfolios, execute trades across both Tradfi and Crypto, and contribute to a thriving hive mind community.
We are looking to build a world-class product design org that makes our platforms and apps feel like magic.
Reporting to the VP of Design, you’ll function as a player-coach – doing hands-on product design work while also helping other designers make our platforms and apps feel like magic.
Your track record of putting communities and people at the center of everything has contributed to thriving human-centered cultures that make amazing consumer-facing products. Inspiring others to think big – really big — to imagine what’s possible while zooming into the details gets you up every morning.
What You Will Do
Experience in these critical areas will set you up for success in this role.
- Help turn strategy into product — participating in and often facilitating jam sessions to go from insights to ideas
- Play a hands-on role when needed to create mock-ups and prototypes that help visualize how we go from ideas to action
- Lead a small groupof people (2-4) across IA, UX, and UI
- Recruit and onboard talent as we grow
- Provide continuous candid feedback to designers on their performance
- Identify and nurture future design leaders within Real Vision
- Balance hands-on design work with guiding& mentoring other designers
- Evolve our processes & principles to work better for our current stage of design maturity
- Partner with product leadership to drive executional alignment on our roadmap
- Provide feedback on prioritization, roadmapping, and scoping
- Help lead decisions around quality/effort tradeoffs
- Ensure design capacity is factored into roadmap decisions
- Support and/or lead concept design for new features — contributing directly when necessary
- Develop a consistent, on-brand design system in partnership with Head of Creative
- Provide clear, effective feedback through written feedback, design crits, and 1:1 working sessions
- Help reinforce a culture where we ship quickly and often to help make better decisions
Who you are:
- You have managed design teams/orgs for 4+ years
- You have designed personalized digital experiences for different personas and their respective user journeys
- You have shipped digital products with a mix of features developed (a.) in-house and (b.) by 3rd-parties (i.e., lots of integration experience)
- You have worked across a diverse ecosystem of websites (desktop, mobile), native mobile apps (iOS, Android), OTT apps (AppleTV, AndroidTV, etc.), in-vehicle apps (CarPlay, Android Auto), and complex desktop apps (MacOS, Windows, Linux)
- You have been inside companies or agencies where speed, agility, and constantly shipping features mattered
- You have startup and/or early growth stage experience
- You have worked with diverse cross-functional groups that go beyond typical agile software teams
- You are familiar with agile product development processes… and understand when to deviate from what’s prescribed based on what makes sense for the business
- You are wired to find solutions, take action, and get concepts out in the wild
- You embrace and educate others on product design best practices
- You believe in designing mobile-first and progressively enhancing from there
- You have a growth mindset
- You lead with positive energy
- You can juggle multiple things at once in stride
- You communicate ideas concisely and clearly
- You are passionate about finance and crypto and enjoy going down those rabbit holes
- Ideally, you are (or have been) a Real Vision subscriber or member
- You have a strong portfolio that shows how you’ve made complex digital products dead simple to use
What we offer:
- Real Vision is 100% remote
- Competitive salary
- Equity grants
- 100% covered health, dental, vision for the individual employee (with family coverage at a heavily reduced rate)
- Favorable 401K
- 20 days PTO per year (4 weeks), US holidays and 5 sick days
- Growth opportunities in a collaborative, authentic, passionate culture
- Real Vision All Access membership