Company profileaxelarcore Axelar
Axelar delivers secure cross-chain communication for Web3. As a universal overlay network, Axelar supports general message passing and composability of decentralised programs via a proof-of-stake transport layer. Developer tools and APIs make it easy for both protocol and application developers to integrate interoperability. See our cross-chain sandbox for a taste of the developer experience.
Axelar has raised capital from top-tier investors, including Binance, Coinbase Ventures, Dragonfly Capital, and Polychain Capital. Partners include major proof-of-stake blockchain s, such as Avalanche, Cosmos, Ethereum, and Polkadot. Axelar’s co-founders are founding team members of Algorand and award-winning graduates of MIT, where they received notable recognition as part of their graduate studies.
The Axelar network mainnet has been live since January, 2022. It supports cross-chain asset transfers across over 30 networks, with more networks and assets added regularly.
Axelar has developed a sample cross-chain asset transfer application called Satellite, which provides a simple, efficient user experience to transfer assets between chains. Other applications building multichain experiences on Axelar include cross-chain NFT marketplaces, liquidity routers (like 0xSquid), yield aggregators, privacy services and gaming guilds.
Axelar is building the infrastructure to connect Web3. Join us!
What you will be doing
- Designing highly reliable blockchain monitoring and integration services to support Axelar Network and front-end applications
- Writing backend applications for cross-chain protocol workflows such as asset transfer, generalised message passing, and interoperation between smart-contracts.
- Orchestrating microservices running in different execution environments like Kubernetes and AWS lambdas
- Building SDKs for developers to easily plug-and-play new blockchains and applications on Axelar Network
What you will need
- Strong experience working with distributed systems at scale
- Deep knowledge of fault tolerance in distributed systems and building software that fails gracefully and recovers transparently
- Experience working with distributed messaging frameworks (RabbitMQ, AMQP, or similar) and message driven applications.
- We use GoLang, TypeScript, Terraform, AWS in our day-to-day work. You may not be an expert with all of these technologies, but we are looking for somebody with strong skills with some of them or with transferable experience.
- Autonomous, distributed environment with the opportunity to work collaboratively in a diverse team across the world
- The scope to contribute to high impact work and really make a difference in a decentralized protocol
- Chance to really challenge yourself whilst learning heaps of stuff in the process
- Unlimited time off throughout the year to rest and recharge
- Competitive compensation with stock options, experiencing growth from the initial phase