Company profileChiliz Chiliz
We’re like-minded, curious, excitable people here at Chiliz who work well in teams, spread across the globe. Chiliz is a global blockchain company, which powers Socios.com – the creators of Fan Tokens, and the popular fan rewards platform.
Socios has partnered with some of the world’s best teams, including Paris Saint-Germain, Juventus, FC Barcelona, Atlético de Madrid, UFC, Galatasaray, Manchester City FC, Davis Cup, and many more.
The curious nature of a Chilizen is what drives this company forward, and since we’re looking to grow even more, apply for your dream role today.
OUR BRANDS & CHANNELS
Chiliz ($CHZ) is our blockchain and digital currency, which powers Socios.com.
Socios.com is the world’s first fan voting and rewards platform. We produce digital assets called Fan Tokens for our partner teams, which fans use to vote in team-specific polls to earn rewards and once-in-a-lifetime experiences.
Due to continued growth, we are now staffing up our Legal team and currently looking for a Senior Legal Counsel to join Chiliz & Socios.com to be based in our Madrid (Spain) or Gzira (Malta) office. The chosen candidate will be responsible for assisting and supporting the department and achieving the results as laid out by the Chief Legal Officer, reporting to the Head of Legal.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Assisting in day-to-day legal issues including customer queries, and providing ongoing support to various business stakeholders.
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating a variety of contracts, and other legal documentation and correspondence relating to the Company’s business
- Work with the technology and product teams to support with regulatory analysis when assessing new products and features of the Company’s business
- Taking on research work as required and keeping abreast with legislative amendments and regulatory changes.
- Assist with developing and revising policies, procedures, and practices to ensure full legal compliance.
- Liaising with external legal advisors, regulatory authorities, and stakeholders.
- Providing practical advice on all legal matters affecting the business.
- Ensuring that the Company keeps abreast of developments from a regulatory, legal, and compliance perspective.
- Assisting in the identification and mitigation of legal and compliance risks to which the Company may be exposed.
- Manage other ad hoc legal projects/duties as may be required from time to time.
- A University degree in law.
- Warranted lawyers will be given preference.
- Candidates with a minimum of 4 years post-qualification experience in a law firm or as in-house counsel will be considered favorably.
- A real team player with a positive can-do attitude.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to draft and review legal documents with minimal supervision.
- Strong ability to organize and prioritize workload whilst meeting tight deadlines.
- Proactive and self-motivated, with an eye for detail.
- Confident communicator with excellent written and verbal communication skills, organizational and time management skills.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is essential, additional languages are a bonus.
- Overall broad legal knowledge in commercial, corporate, consumer, civil, data protection, and employment law;
- Prior experience with intellectual property laws and blockchain will be considered favorably.
WHAT WE OFFER
From working with some of the biggest and most recognizable sports teams in the world to creating unforgettable fan experiences, all while using blockchain technology, it’s never a dull day here at Chiliz. We’re an extraordinary multi-cultural team spanning 30+ nationalities with ideas as diverse and interesting as we are. Professional and personal development are very important to us and our package includes, depending on location and contractual agreement, a wellness allowance, private healthcare, and a pension plan.
Together with a supportive and collaborative working environment and great company perks, above all, we give you the chance to be a part of the future.