Company profileGoGalaGames Gala Games
Gala is a community-uplifting powerhouse defining new frontiers in Web3 entertainment. Our games division started with a single intention, to give power back to the gamers. Now, we have brought that same idea to the entertainment world to create Entertainment that Empowers with our Film and Music divisions.
Our values are based on openness and ownership and the ability to deliver games, experiences, and opportunities to people worldwide. We are breaking down barriers to bring our communities joy, entertainment, and real-world value.
At Gala, we work remotely with flexibility; we have a great time with our colleagues and love getting things done. While working here, you’ll imagine and create new and exciting things for the world to enjoy. Your talents and efforts will improve our audiences’ lives in the real world.
As we continue our exciting growth and expansion, we continue to enhance our internal leadership. We are happy to announce we are looking for a Crypto Treasury Manager to establish operational excellence across our crypto finance function, and provide market insight, portfolio management and reporting expertise to our leadership team. You will be expected to fully understand treasury systems, cash and process flows, and implement risk mitigation strategies and corresponding controls.
This is an exciting, high-priority new role where you will have the opportunity to tackle future-facing problems in finance. The successful candidate will have experience managing financial processes and operations in tech and software and must have a deep understanding of crypto, web3, and digital assets, including experience trading, swapping and operating within the digital asset space.
We are looking for an intellectually curious and hardworking treasury professional to help the organization and our Crypto entity prepare for continued rapid growth. The manager will have the opportunity to build and improve processes, and the influence of the function, to a best-in-class standard.
You will partner with our leadership team to provide insight and drive commercial outcomes. If you are an experienced asset manager or crypto finance professional who isn’t afraid to roll up your sleeves and are excited to make a massive impact in a market with enormous potential, this opportunity is for you.
- Leading the management of a complex treasury, including driving treasury actions based upon insights from daily monitoring.
- Designing, delivering and monitoring a regular reporting framework on the efficacy of key treasury outputs
- Research and explore decentralized management strategies, building theses or models to support your decision-making
- Partner with Senior Management, Product, Operations, Legal and cross-functional teams to support the delivery of new initiatives
- Manage the live portfolio daily to ensure the portfolio operates as expected.
- Manage the relationships with existing crypto-exchange partners and establish new corporate banking relationships
- Partner with the wider Finance team on financial operations and reporting, and with Finance and Strategy teams to develop analyses and long-term forecasts.
Essential Skills and Qualifications
- 8+ years experience in Treasury, Strategic Finance, Corporate Development or Capital Allocation role, with experience of operating either on-chain or in a traditional related financial services field
- A blockchain/crypto enthusiast who believes in the power of decentralization
- Prior exchange relationship management/reporting
- Extensive knowledge of standards that are expected by regulators and how to deliver against them
- Ability and comfort working independently across cross-functional internal teams and external relationships, and the ability to project manage large-scale projects
- Ability to get things done and be comfortable with ambiguity
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics or similar
- Experience working in a fully remote organization
- Experience preparing materials for and presenting to board members, investors, bankers, and other institutional partners and external stakeholders.
- Self-motivated, stellar work ethic, fun collaborator
- Excited by problem-solving
Nice-to-have Skills and Qualifications
- Strong interest in fintech and knowledge of the industry
- Passion for games and entertainment