Quant is the foundation of the blockchain economy.
Assets of all kinds, from currencies to carbon credits, are being tokenised, making their ownership immutable, their provenance traceable and their use manageable. Our patent-pending technology makes this simple, trusted and future-proof.
We work with financial institutions and corporates to dramatically reduce their time-to-market, create new revenue lines, and mitigate risk by delivering enterprise-grade solutions built with security and compliance front of mind.
Founded in 2018, Quant is UK-based with a US presence. We spearheaded the Blockchain ISO Standard TC307 adopted by 57 countries and solved interoperability with the creation of the world’s first blockchain-agnostic API gateway, Overledger.
The Marketing team
Small and agile, the Quant marketing team is focused on raising Quant’s market profile, explaining and illustrating the many benefits and use cases for blockchain in finance, and ultimately generating sales leads. To do so, we run a digital-first, content-led marketing operation that revolves around a content hub on our website and amplification through digital channels – owned, shared and paid for. The team is also responsible for all other communications, PR and events.
We’re pioneers in what is effectively a new market segment, so a large part of our marketing involves educating our audiences using a wide variety of news, opinion and research-based content.
As Quant’s in-house writer, you’ll be taking on an expansive role that provides an opportunity to help build Quant’s narrative and reputation, sharpen our positioning and messaging, and – perhaps most importantly – tell our stories in clear and compelling fashion. You will be a key member of the Marketing team and work closely with thought-leaders across our business, notably our CEO, CPO, Head of Innovation, as well as other Quant experts in finance, technology, policy, legal, human resources and standards.
Taking charge of our editorial process, your focus will be on planning then delivering a regular flow of high-quality content that seeks to demystify blockchain and explain the practical benefits of its use in financial markets. As you do so, you’ll need to consider the different audiences we serve (financial institutions, corporates, channel partners and developers) and adapt your work accordingly.
This is a full-time global role, based in London, reporting directly to our Chief Marketing Officer. Although initially an individual contributor role, for the right person, over time it has the potential to evolve into a managerial position, in line with company growth.
- Planning: Co-ordinate with our PR agency, Product Marketing and key internal stakeholders to plan a steady flow of content, that is aligned with the needs of our media relations programme, commercial launches, and lead generation campaigns.
- Writing : Create written content worthy of a mainstream media title. Produce copy that educates, informs and entertains, that is sharp and succinct, clear and compelling, that underpins and develops our brand story, driving qualified readers to our sales funnel.
- Promoting: Leverage social media channels – particularly LinkedIn and Twitter – to promote our content. Work with our in-house design function to add creative visuals and animation to your messaging. Identify opportunities to insert our content into existing conversations.
- Product marketing: Support our product marketing function with copywriting for marketing collateral, as well as use cases for our products.
Required skills or experience
- Expansive experience in a writing role, either in finance, technology, or ideally both
- Impeccable copywriting and copy-editing abilities
- Strong communication skills and the ability to translate complex technical subject matter into clear and compelling messages
- Ability to combine visual and graphic elements with written content to tell an appealing story
- Ability to build a knowledge base on complex products, within a unique sector
- Experience of collaborating with other teams, particularly product and sales teams
- High attention to detail and focus on the quality of deliverables
- Experience conducting independent research and data analysis
- Solid understanding of social media marketing in B2B
- Outstanding time management and organisational skills, with the ability to juggle many tasks, prioritising, and meeting deadlines
- Having a ‘growth mindset’ – evaluating effective content then continually applying lessons learned and successes to future writing
- Start-up/scale up experience
Life at Quant
We aim to be one of the most desirable employers in fintech, somewhere you are valued and inspired to do the best work of your career, alongside a high-performance team of colleagues that feels the same. That’s why, in addition to a competitive salary and performance-related bonus, we provide:
- Pension scheme
- Health insurance
- Life assurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid sick leave
- Physical and mental wellbeing perks including online fitness classes, online GP consultations and discounted gym membership
Our shared values
We have expertise in finance and technology in common but what unites us is our beliefs. We believe in:
Innovation: We love a challenge and have little respect for the status quo. Experience has taught us that problems are a matter of perspective and that, with new ideas and a fresh way of looking at things, solutions often present themselves.
Ambition: The scale of a task won’t deter us when we believe it will take as closer to our vision. Every problem is an opportunity. Every obstacle, the chance to take a calculated risk and question assumptions. In short, we’re not afraid to think big.
Trust: Fundamental to a prosperous economy, trust also lies at the heart of our company. Indeed, we believe it is the bedrock of a healthy society committed to equality and fairness. We trust each other, we engineer trust into our solutions, and we work hard every day to earn the trust of our clients and partners.
Adaptability: We remain open-minded, objective and flexible at all times. When the facts change, so does our approach. We embrace that agility and encourage all those we work with to do the same.
Respect: We’re respectful of the ideas and perspectives of others, we celebrate people’s differences and recognise their achievements. We also hold the needs and health of our environment dear. And we have no tolerance for bullying, harassment, or discrimination of any kind.
Whilst applications may be reviewed as they are received, we anticipate to not accept any further applications after 5pm GMT on 17th March 2023.